SMASH Camp will be available from Monday 5th April to Friday 16th April 2021 and will be offering the following products:
- Multi-Activity Days
- The Big Adventure Week
- Packed Lunch
Sadly we are unable to offer Breakfast Club and 4×4 Driving Experiences.
Your children are in safe hands
We have been hard at work redesigning the site and activity programmes to ensure best practices are in place so we can provide a safe, fun adventure for your children.
HERE ARE THE 8 STEPS WE HAVE INTRODUCED TO HELP PROTECT your children while they are in our care:
- Staff Trained in the prevention of COVID-19 – All our staff will have undergone training in the new procedures on our sites as well as completing a Prevention of COVID-19 course. This will ensure your children are in safe hands.
- Admissions and group sizes reduced – Our activity group’s size have been reduced to the recommend number by Ofsted. For Discoverers (ages 51/2 to 8) they will be in groups of 5 and Adventurers/Seniors (ages 9 to 16) groups of 10. In addition we have limited our intake to camp from 400 a day down to 150. So best get booking quick!
- Non-Contact temperature checks on arrival – On arrival you will see us carrying out temperature checks using our state of the art non-contact fever scanner on both our employees and your child as a precaution.
- Please bring your own face covering – There will be times when social distancing measures cannot be met, such as when checking a harness or flotation device. In these instances the staff and your child may be asked to put on a face covering.
- Contactless Check In/Check Out Procedure – As before we will be offering a contactless check in/check out procedure. So there will be no paper work or waivers on arrival.
- Social distancing measures in place on activities and around site – When you arrive you will notice new signage around our site. These will assist with safe queuing, good hygiene practices and encouraging 1+ meter social distancing. Our SMASH Crew will of course be on hand to further guide the children to social distance throughout the day. To ensure children have the freedom to run about and enjoy free play on our spacious 130 acre secure suite all while maintaining social distancing, each group will be allocated their own outside under cover base for the day.
- Hygiene stations made available around site – There are hand sanitizer stations located at all activity area. In addition our SMASH Crew will all carry COVID Kits with hand sanitizer, face masks and gloves in. The children will be required to wash their hands in-between activities and before lunch. Again this will be supervised by our SMASH Crew.
- Enhanced cleaning measure throughout the day – You will see enhanced cleaning practices taking place around our site including cleaning of activity equipment between uses, and an increased cleaning routine of our client areas. In addition our SMASH Crew will be carrying cleaning equipment with them at all times when a wipe down is required.
These steps may change following further government guidance.
Changes to the SMASH Programme
Due to social distancing there are certain changes we must make in order to deliver a safe yet fun programme. These will include:
Flexibility with amount of activities we offer a day – To ensure we can stagger lunch breaks, access the toilet block safely and plenty of time for regular hand wash stops, sometimes we may not fit in 4 x 90 minute activities a day – But we will do our best!
Reduced activities on offer – Some of our activities we may have to remove due to social distancing. These includes; 4×4 Driving, Jet Skiing, Quad Biking, Power Boating, Banana Rides, Team Challenge, Tunnelling, Bell Boating, Raft Building and Mega SUP. Not to worry as we still have plenty more adventurous activities on offer as well as our ever popular Fun Zones.
SMASH Policies and Procedures 2021
We are busy updating our 2021 SMASH Policies to include operational changes due to COVID-19. This document will detail everything from what happens if you child starts to show symptoms through to isolation procedures. Please bear with us, we will have this document released shortly.
Further guidance for parents and carers of children attending out-of-school settings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak – Click here